Plowman, William A. Indenture: Yorkshire, England between William Plowman and John Jackson
Scope and Contents
Ante-nuptial agreement between William Plowman of Dunnington, East Riding of Yorkshire, and John Jackson, carpenter of the city of York, conveying a cottage, barn and land in and near Wiggington, North Riding to Jackson in view of the forthcoming marriage of Jackson to Mary, daughter of William Plowman.
- Decembr 16, 1682
0.04 Linear Feet (1 folder containing 1 item (1 leaf) : vellum ; 29 x 49 cm.)
Language of Materials
Plowman, William, of Dunninghton, East Riding of Yorkshire, England. Vellum "indenture" in the form of an pre-nuptial agreement dated Dec. 1682 conveying land owned by Plowman to John Jackson on the occasion of Jackson's marriage to Plowman's daughter Mary.
- Marriage Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College Manuscript Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Yorkshire (England) -- Genealogy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- marriage records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Indenture : Yorkshire, England between William Plowman and John Jackson, 1682 Dec. 16.
- Finding Aid
- Edited Full Draft
- © 2004
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Encoding funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
Part of the Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections Repository
50 College Street
8 Dwight Hall
South Hadley MA 01075-6425 USA