Scope and Contents
The Adeline Eliot Stone Sperry Papers contain correspondence (1904-1905) and an astronomy notebook (1906-1907). The letters are all written to members of her family and discuss academics as well as her social life. The notebook contains detailed notes and diagrams.
Conditions Governing Access
Adeline Eliot Stone was born on April 8, 1887 in Guilford, Connecticut. She received a B.A. from Mount Holyoke College in 1908. In 1911 she married Harold Fowler Sperry. The had three children: Dorothy Eliot (Mount Holyoke College Class of 1934), Alvin Jay and Robert Jay. Adeline Stone Sperry died on April 26, 1941 in New Haven, Connecticut.
3 folders (1908 Stone)
Language of Materials
Sperry, Adeline Eliot Stone, 1887-1941; student. Mount Holyoke College graduate, 1908. Papers contain correspondence to her family regarding her social and academic life at Mount Holyoke, and a notebook for an astronomy course.
- Astronomy -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Massachusetts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College -- Student life -- 1904-1905 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College -- Student notebooks -- 1906-1907 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College -- Students Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College Manuscript Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- notebooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sperry Papers, 1904-1907.
- Finding Aid
- Edited Full Draft
- © 2004
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Encoding funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
Part of the Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections Repository
50 College Street
8 Dwight Hall
South Hadley MA 01075-6425 USA