Molly J. Liskow papers
Scope and Contents
The Molly J. Liskow Papers consist of correspondence, course materials, notes, certificates and a photograph. These papers chiefly reflect her studies and other activities from elementary school through graduate school with emphasis on her years as a student at Mount Holyoke College, 1976-1980. Her correspondence mainly consists of letters that she wrote to her parents while she was at Mount Holyoke and later at Harvard Law School (1980-1983). She provides detailed descriptions of course work and professors, including John Teall, Robert Schwartz, Harold Garrett-Goodyear, Jonathan Lipman, and Philippa Goold. She also discusses her social life and relationships with classmates Elizabeth A. Athos, Elizabeth Bechwith, Ann B. Gray, and Holly A. Buck and with Maria Krokidas, a 1970 graduate of Mount Holyoke who was an attorney in Boston. Her college letters often refers to her involvement with student organizations such as the "Mount Holyoke News" and the student-run radio station as well as to her participation in softball, golf and other sports. Other correspondence in the collection consists of letters that Liskow received from her parents, Philippa Goold, and numerous friends. Liskow's course materials consist of notes, assignments, papers, handouts, copies of readings, examinations, and drafts reflecting her primary, secondary, and higher education. Much of this material from her years at Mount Holyoke relates to courses in the Latin, Greek, and history. Notes and drafts of Liskow's senior thesis from her independent study in Greek show the entire course of the production of a research paper. Materials from Winter Term courses that Liskow both took and taught are also included. Course packets, copies of readings, and her notes reflecting her studies at Harvard Law School are also included. Notes concerning the Mount Holyoke College debate club, a copy of her birth certificate, and a photograph of her taken in July, 1976 round out the collection.
- Creation: 1958 - 1985
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1964 - 1985
Conditions Governing Access
Molly Judson Liskow, a graduate of Mount Holyoke College and Harvard Law School, a lawyer and editor, was born on August 19, 1958 in Saginaw, Michigan to William Charles Liskow and Frances Lathrop Griswold Liskow. She attended the Cheshire Academy in Connecticut from 1972-1976, studied at Mount Holyoke College from 1976-1980 and graduated with a double major in classics and history. She attended Harvard Law School from 1980-1983 and received a J.D. She worked as an attorney at several law firms in the Boston area and has been Practice Area Editor for Matthew Bender/LexisNexis.
27 boxes (Class of 1980)
Language of Materials
Liskow, Molly Judson, 1958- ; Lawyer and editor. Mount Holyoke College graduate, 1980. Papers contain correspondence, course materials, notes, and a photograph. Primarily concerning her academic and social activities as a student at Mount Holyoke College, 1976-1980 and Harvard Law School, 1980-1983. Also included course materials from her years in grammar school through high school.
Arranged in 4 series: Series 1. Correspondence. Series 2. Course materials. Series 3. Certificates. Series 4. Photograph.
Genre / Form
- College students -- Massachusetts
- Greek language -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley
- History -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley
- Latin -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley
- Mount Holyoke College -- Curricula
- Mount Holyoke College -- Faculty
- Mount Holyoke College -- Sports
- Mount Holyoke College -- Student life -- 1976-1980
- Mount Holyoke College -- Student notebooks -- 1976-1980
- Mount Holyoke College -- Student papers -- 1976-1980
- Mount Holyoke College -- Students
- Mount Holyoke College Manuscript Collections
- Student activities -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley
- Women college students -- Massachusetts
- Molly J. Liskow Papers. 1958-1985 1964-1985
- Finding Aid
- Edited Full Draft
- © 2004
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Encoding funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
Part of the Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections Repository
50 College Street
8 Dwight Hall
South Hadley MA 01075-6425 USA