Committee on Education records
Scope and Contents
Committee on Education Records date from 1963-1993 and consist of minutes and agenda, correspondence, reports of the Committee chair, lists, statistics, biographical sketches and curriculum vitae of faculty recommendations for tenure, and annual reviews of academic salaries. Most of the records for the 1990s are arranged as
workbooks for meetings of the Committee. These materials chiefly concern faculty tenure, rank, and salary recommendations.
- Creation: 1963-1993
Conditions Governing Access
Records restricted to use by the Board of Trustees for 50 years from the date of record creation.
Conditions Governing Use
Use of the collection is governed by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S.C.).
The Committee on Education appears to have been formed between 1924 and 1925. This supervisory committee oversees all matters pertaining to educational activities and policies of Mount Holyoke College. Issues and policies reviewed by the Committee include faculty appointments, reviews, promotions, salaries; sabbaticals, probations and dismissals; the selection and evaluation of administrative officers; and aspects of the curriculum.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Records of the Committee on Education, a supervisory Committee of the Mount Holyoke College Board of Trustees established in circa 1924-1925, date from 1963-1993 and reflect the Committee's oversight of the College's educational activities and policies. Records consist of minutes and agenda, correspondence, reports, lists, statistics, biographical sketches and curriculum vitae of faculty, recommendations for faculty appointments and promotions, and annual reviews of academic salaries.
Processed by Patricia J. Albright, 2007. Peter Carini and Juliana Kuipers assisted with the arrangement and description of these records from 1999-2002.
Genre / Form
- corporation records
- financial records
- minutes (administrative records)
- résumés (personnel records)
- College administrators -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley -- Salaries, etc.
- College teachers -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley -- Salaries, etc.
- Mount Holyoke College -- Administration
- Mount Holyoke College -- Curricula
- Mount Holyoke College -- Faculty
- Mount Holyoke College -- Finance
- Mount Holyoke College -- Records and correspondence
- Mount Holyoke College Record Groups
- Committee on Education Records, 1963-1993
- Finding Aid
- Finding aid prepared by Patricia J. Albright.
- © 2007
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections Repository
50 College Street
8 Dwight Hall
South Hadley MA 01075-6425 USA