Committee on Resources and Priorities records
Scope and Contents
Records of the advisory Committee on Resources and Priorities consist of agenda, reports, correspondence, financial records, publications, speeches, and graphs dating from 1975-1984 and 1988. These documents concern issues such as the College deficit and fluctuations in the number of student applicants. The records also discuss an early retirement program for tenured faculty and telecommunications and computing issues at the College, including library automation. Materials from 1988 chiefly relate to the place of fine arts in the College curriculum.
- Creation: 1975-1988
Conditions Governing Access
Records restricted to use by the Board of Trustees for 50 years from date of record creation.
Conditions Governing Use
Use of the collection is governed by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S.C.).
The advisory Committee on Resources and Priorities was established by the Board of Trustees in 1975 to identify problems relating to the finances of Mount Holyoke College and develop and implement long-range plans to address these issues. Trustees, faculty, administrators, and students served on the Committee.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Records of the Committee on Resources and Priorities, established in 1975 to advise the Board of Trustees about financial issues and problems affecting Mount Holyoke College, date from 1975-1984, 1988 and consist of agenda, reports, correspondence, financial records, publications, speeches, and graphs.
Processed by Patricia J. Albright, 2007. Peter Carini and Juliana Kuipers assisted with the arrangement and description of these records from 1999-2002.
Genre / Form
- Education -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley -- Data processing
- Mount Holyoke College -- Administration
- Mount Holyoke College -- Curricula
- Mount Holyoke College -- Faculty
- Mount Holyoke College -- Finance
- Mount Holyoke College -- Planning
- Mount Holyoke College -- Records and correspondence
- Mount Holyoke College Record Groups
- Telecommunications in higher education -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley
- Committee on Resources and Priorities Records, 1975-1984, 1988
- Finding Aid
- Finding aid prepared by Patricia J. Albright.
- © 2007
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections Repository
50 College Street
8 Dwight Hall
South Hadley MA 01075-6425 USA