Committee on Student Affairs records
Scope and Contents
Committee on Student Affairs Records date from 1968-1993 and consist of agenda and minutes, correspondence, reports, questionnaires, proposals, petitions, drafts, newspaper articles and press releases, memoranda, and lists. The records concern use of alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, and drugs by students, student access to dormitory keys, dress codes, parietals, off-campus housing, dining services, the creation of a campus center in Blanchard Hall, campus security, room choosing, multicultural and multiracial relations, and the honor code.
- Creation: 1968-1993
Conditions Governing Access
Records for 1968-1976 are unrestricted. All other records are restricted to use by the Board of Trustees for 50 years from the date of record creation.
Conditions Governing Use
Use of the collection is governed by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S.C.).
The Committee on Student Affairs was established in 1968 as an ad hoc committee of the Mount Holyoke Board of Trustees on the recommendation of the Board of Trustees Committee on Religion and Student Life. The role of the Committee was to encourage student participation in the development of social life regulations at the College. Committee members included trustees, faculty members, administrators, and students.
0.63 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Records of the Committee on Student Affairs, established in 1968 to encourage student participation in the development of social life regulations at Mount Holyoke College, date from 1968-1993 and consist of agenda and minutes, correspondence, reports, questionnaires, proposals, petitions, drafts, newspaper articles and press releases, memoranda, and lists.
Processed by Patricia J. Albright, 2007. Peter Carini and Juliana Kuipers assisted with the arrangement and description of these records from 1999-2002.
Genre / Form
- Honor system (Higher education) -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley
- Mount Holyoke College -- Administration
- Mount Holyoke College -- Records and correspondence
- Mount Holyoke College -- Regulations
- Mount Holyoke College -- Student life -- 1968-1993
- Mount Holyoke College -- Students
- Mount Holyoke College Record Groups
- Multiculturalism -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley
- Student activities -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley
- Women college students -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley
- Committee on Student Affairs Records, 1968-1993
- Finding Aid
- Finding aid prepared by Patricia J. Albright.
- © 2007
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections Repository
50 College Street
8 Dwight Hall
South Hadley MA 01075-6425 USA