Committee on Trustees records
Scope and Contents
Records of the Committee on Trustees date from 1982-1993 and consist of agenda for meetings correspondence, memoranda, lists, curriculum vitae, and biographical material concerning trustee nominations, commencement speakers and honorary degree candidates. The records primarily discuss the qualifications of potential trustees and honorary degree recipients and orientation programs, workshops and committee assignments for new trustees.
Conditions Governing Access
Records restricted to use by the Board of Trustees for 50 years from the date of record creation.
Conditions Governing Use
Use of the collection is governed by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S.C.).
The Committee on Trustees was established in 1982, replacing the Board of Trustees Nominating Committee. The Committee is responsible for the nomination and selection of new trustees, ensuring that there is a balance of male and female members and that the trustees have different backgrounds and areas of knowledge and expertise. Committee members are also involved in the selection of honorary degree candidates and commencement speakers at Mount Holyoke College.
0.83 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Records of the Committee of Trustees, established in 1982 to replace the Board of Trustees Nominating Committee, concern the selection of new members of the Board as well as commencement speakers and honorary degree recipients at Mount Holyoke College. The records date from 1982-1993 and consist of agenda for meetings correspondence, memoranda, lists, curriculum vitae, and biographical material.
Processed by Patricia J. Albright, 2007. Peter Carini and Juliana Kuipers assisted with the arrangement and description of these records from 1999-2002.
- Degrees, Academic -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College -- Records and correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College Record Groups Subject Source: Local sources
- corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- résumés (personnel records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Committee on Trustees Records, 1982-1993
- Finding Aid
- Finding aid prepared by Patricia J. Albright.
- © 2007
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections Repository
50 College Street
8 Dwight Hall
South Hadley MA 01075-6425 USA