Ad Hoc Committee on Admissions and Financial Aid records
Scope and Contents
Ad Hoc Committee on Admissions and Financial Aid records contain minutes and agenda, correspondence, memoranda, lists, notes, reports, and statistics concerning admissions and financial aid at Mount Holyoke College. These documents concern developing a strategy for substantially enlarging the College's pool of qualified applicants managing the increasing costs to the college and competing with peer institutions. The records include a report prepared for the Committee by Image Presentations, Inc. and copies of several analyses of the College's
admissions recovery plan that faculty member Christopher H. Pyle prepared for Mount Holyoke trustees and faculty.
- 1992 - 1993
Conditions Governing Access
Records restricted to use by the Board of Trustees for 50 years from date of record creation.
Conditions Governing Use
Use of the collection is governed by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S.C.)
The Ad Hoc Committee on Admissions and Financial Aid seems to have been created in the early 1990s in response to the trends of rapidly increasing costs to institutions of higher education. The Committee reviewed admissions and financial aid statistics and trends and considered ways to improve methods of recruitment and retaining students. Committee members include Mount Holyoke College trustees Jameson Baxter, Carol Huxley, Herbert Jarvis, James Lewis, Barbara Rossotti, and Margaret Woodbury, Mount Holyoke President Elizabeth T. Kennan, and College administrators Peter Berek, Janice Gifford, Mary Jo Maydew, Pama Miller, Ellen Ortyl, Anita Smith, and Sally Trabulsi.
0.21 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Records of the Ad Hoc Committee on Admissions and Financial Aid, a group comprised of Mount Holyoke College trustees and administrators, date from 1992-1993 and concern efforts to recruit qualified students while managing increasing costs to the College. The collection includes minutes, agenda, reports, and statistics as well as several analyses of the admissions program prepared by faculty member Christopher H. Pyle.
Processed by Patricia J. Albright, 2007. Peter Carini and Juliana Kuipers assisted with the arrangement and description of these records between 1999-2002.
- Mount Holyoke College -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College -- Finance Subject Source: Local sources
- Mount Holyoke College -- Records and correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College Record Groups Subject Source: Local sources
- Student aid -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women college students -- Recruiting -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ad Hoc Committee on Admissions and Financial Aid Records, 1992-1993
- Finding Aid
- Patricia J. Albright.
- © 2007
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections Repository
50 College Street
8 Dwight Hall
South Hadley MA 01075-6425 USA