Office of Physical Facilities records
Scope and Contents
The records of the Office of Physical Facilities, also known as Buildings and Grounds, contains annual reports from 1986-87, 1988-89, 1990-91, which outline repair projects, energy and labor costs, and computer wiring projects. Also contained in the records are correspondence, memos, newspaper clippings, budgets, and photographs of staff. There are also contracts with the First Church of South Hadley for use of the church by the College (1875-1905), correspondence and meeting minutes about the construction of Abbey Chapel, including the organ and the stained glass windows.
- 1875 - 1991
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Records restricted to use by office/department of origin for 25 years from date of record creation.
This office was established in 1898, with the appointment of a Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds. In 1935, the superintendent was listed as part of the Office of Business Administration. In 1958, it became part of the Office of the Business Manager, and in 1963 as part of the Office of Assistant Treasurer and Business Manager. The Office of the Director of Physical Facilities was established in 1968.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
The records of the Office of Physical Facilities, also known as Buildings and Grounds, contains annual reports from 1986-87, 1988-89, 1990-91, which outline repair projects, energy and labor costs, and computer wiring projects.
- Office of Physical Facilities Records, 1875-1991
- Finding Aid
- Finding aid prepared by Archives and Special Collections.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections Repository
50 College Street
8 Dwight Hall
South Hadley MA 01075-6425 USA