Ann M. Mayer papers
Scope and Contents
The Ann Margaret Mayer Papers contain correspondence, 1956-60; class notes, 1956-60; and publications. The papers concentrate on her college life. The correspondence contains letters written by Ann Mayer to her family in New York. They discuss campus events, academics and her plans after graduation. There are class notes for Art, Chemistry, Economics, Philosophy, Philosophy of Science, Plant Science, Political Science, Psychology, Religion and Zoology. The following publications of Ann Mayer are included in the collection: "Dag Hammaskjold: the peacemaker," "Two worlds of Beatrix Potter," "Sir Fredrick Banting: doctor against diabetes," "What will happen?," and "My own book." "Who's out there? : UFO encounters" by Ann M. Mayer and Harry F. Mayer is also included.
- Majority of material found within 1956 - 1960
Conditions Governing Access
Ann Margaret Mayer was born on August 5, 1938. She graduated from Clinton Central High School in 1956 and from Mount Holyoke College in 1960. She then worked for various companies doing secretarial and technical writing. In 1964 she became a second grade teacher at Dame School in Medford, Massachusetts. The following year she moved to Rochester, New York to work at Chestnut Ridge Elementary School. In 1972 she began working at the Churchville-Chili Central School in New York where she taught until 1976 when she became a librarian. In 1964 she received her Ed.M. from Harvard and in 1975 her M.L.S. from the State University of New York at Genessee. She published four non-fiction books for children, as well as numerous articles for children and adults.
4 boxes (1960)
Language of Materials
Mayer, Ann Margaret, 1938- ; Teacher and author. Mount Holyoke College graduate, 1960. Papers contain correspondence, class notes and publications. Primarily documenting campus events and academic work in addition to her literary career.
- Mount Holyoke College -- Curricula Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College -- Student notebooks -- 1956-1960 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College Manuscript Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Women authors, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- children's literature Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mayer Papers, 1956-1978 (bulk 1956-1960)
- Finding Aid
- Edited Full Draft
- © 2003
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Encoding funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
Part of the Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections Repository
50 College Street
8 Dwight Hall
South Hadley MA 01075-6425 USA