Lucy Fletcher Hawley diary
Scope and Contents
The Lucy Hawley Diary contains eleven entries between October 23, 1841 and February 3, 1842. The entries include details about academic and social activities at Mount Holyoke Female Seminary.
Conditions Governing Access
Lucy Fletcher was born ca. 1824 and came to Mount Holyoke Female Seminary in 1841 with her sister S. Maria Fletcher (both were x-Class of 1843), leaving their home in Jamestown, New York. In 1843 she married Alpheus F. Hawley. She died in 1878 in Arcola, Illinois.
1 items (x1843 Fletcher)
Language of Materials
Hawley, Lucy Fletcher, ca. 1824-1878; Student. Attended Mount Holyoke Female Seminary, 1841-1842. Papers consist of a diary documenting her experience at Mount Holyoke including academics and social activities.
- Mount Holyoke College -- Domestic work Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College -- Student life -- 1841-1842 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Holyoke College Manuscript Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Mount Holyoke Female Seminary -- Students Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hawley Diary, 1841-1842.
- Finding Aid
- Edited Full Draft
- © 2003
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Encoding funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
Part of the Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections Repository
50 College Street
8 Dwight Hall
South Hadley MA 01075-6425 USA