Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The Committee on Religion and Student Life (earlier, the Committee on Religion) was created in 1965 to consider issues relating to both religion and student behavior at Mount Holyoke College. Records dating from 1966-1972 consist of agenda for meetings, correspondence and memoranda, reports, policy statements, proposals, lists, and statistics.
The Committee on Religion was established in 1959 to examine the religious program at Mount Holyoke College, particularly the controversial requirement that all students regularly attend chapel services on campus. Records date from 1958-1960 and consist of minutes, reports, correspondence, statements, articles and other publications, memoranda, notes, and statistical studies.
Records of the Committee on Student Affairs, established in 1968 to encourage student participation in the development of social life regulations at Mount Holyoke College, date from 1968-1993 and consist of agenda and minutes, correspondence, reports, questionnaires, proposals, petitions, drafts, newspaper articles and press releases, memoranda, and lists.
Records of the Conference Committee, established in 1925 to promote cooperation and communication among Mount Holyoke College trustees, faculty members, and students, date from 1942-1955, 1967-1969, 1985-1993 and include minutes, correspondence, reports, questionnaires, surveys, and lists.
The Origins and Governance Collection brings together materials concerning the creation and administration of Mount Holyoke College, an institution for the higher education of women that was founded by Mary Lyon, granted a charter as Mount Holyoke Female Seminary, and opened in 1837. Materials date from 1834 to the present and include a ledger notebook, charters, acts, regulations, minutes, planning documents, publications, speeches, questionnaires, drawings, and photographs.
Mount Holyoke College Principals and Presidents Reports, 1867-1985, containing information about academic and administrative matters, the activities of faculty and students, and improvements to facilities and the campus.
- minutes (administrative records) 7
- Mount Holyoke College -- Regulations 6
- Women college students -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley 5
- Student activities -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley 4
- questionnaires 4
- Honor system (Higher education) -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley 3
- Mount Holyoke College -- Faculty 3
- Mount Holyoke College -- Presidents 3
- Women college students -- Religious life -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley 3
- speeches (documents) 3
- Degrees, Academic -- Massachusetts -- South Hadley 2
- Mount Holyoke College -- Buildings 2
- Mount Holyoke College -- Curricula 2
- Mount Holyoke College -- Finance 2 ∧ less